בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



23 Feb 2017

The Prerequisite to Success

Toronto mosque apologizes for anti-Jewish prayer

Parashat Mishpatim: The Prerequisite to Success in Torah

איך "מרבים בשמחה"? שאלו את הילד שבכם

I was speaking to an elderly man yesterday who told me that his father left Poland in 1936 for New Zealand although job opportunities were scarce at the time. Hs father survived World War II while his uncles, who remained in Poland, did not. I told him that G-d must have plnated the idea in his father's mind to leave for uncharted waters as it was meant for him to live.
Somehow the conversation switched to a BBC program titled Who do you think you are. He told me that he had watched a number of the programs where people who had ties to the Holocaust were shown their roots. He recommended I watch the segment with Natasha Kaplinsy and I found an excerpt on YouTube which is really powerful. I have posted it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment